So maybe she didn't make it in time for Christmas, but we were prepared anyways...
The pictures aren't exactly in chronological order, you'll have to forgive a new Mommy for being too busy to rearrange them :)
The birth story: We went to the hospital Monday evening to get induced (I know I was only 39 weeks along, but we were ready!!!). Contractions started Tuesday morning at about 9:30. She was still up pretty high and she was posterior (facing my stomach instead of my spine), so we knew it might take a while....My goal was to go no drugs/all natural with the whole birth, but things never go as planned. After 5 1/2 hours of contractions I decided I needed something for the pain; I was only at 4 cm and knew I still had a while. We weighed our options and decided to go for an epidural; the nurse said it would help relax me and hopefully get her descended and turned around. Well, she was right: an hour later (during which I napped nicely, I might add) I had made it all the way to 9 cm and was ready to go!!! Allison had turned around and dropped and was ready to meet Mommy and Daddy. I only had to push for about 30 minutes, then she was here :) She came and and cried right away...we now know why new parents cry at the sound :)
Her "Petty feet" and super-long toes
Mommy meeting Allison for the first time.
Patiently laboring (this was at about hour 4 I think). Still a smile on my face :)
After showering and resting for a little while.
Daddy is already worn out by his girls :)
Mammy Baird and Allison
Her first diaper change (I spared you guys the details, but yes, I have pictures...it was pretty gross!!).
The proud Dad (and a wonderful coach and supporter and getter-of-ice-chips too!!!).


4 comments:
Oh, she's gorgeous and so are you!! This is so wonderful! And look at the proud daddy! How are you? Did everything go ok? I'm so happy for you guys!!
So fun to see the pictures! I'm impressed that you've actually had time to "blog" already. We're excited for all of you. Congratulations!
Oh Andrea, she's beautiful!! I forget how little they are when they are first born, what a sweet little angel. Oh,and drugs are the only way to go! I loved them and am so doing it round two!! =)
Congrats, what a beautiful family you have, I'm so happy for you guys!
Congratulations!! I've been checking your blog to see when she would arrive! She is beautiful! Frank had feet just like that, I had no idea that they were "Petty" feet! We have the same exact swaddler and vibrating chair - both of which we used extensively for baby Frank. I hope you are able to get a little rest and congratulations again!
Post a Comment