CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 30, 2009

1 month old

I took Allison in for her one-month checkup yesterday. Both the doctor and I were pretty surprised about how much bigger she's gotten in the last 2 weeks. She gained 1 1/2 lbs and grew almost a whole inch!! She is now 9 lbs 11 oz (in the 75th %ile) and 22 1/2" long (90th %ile).

So needless to say, she's having no problems eating and I now have permission to let her sleep as long as she wants to at night :) Lately I had been feeling guilty when I realized I was letting her sleep about 5 hours between feedings at night (because all the books say 4 hours is the max so she won't dehydrate). Now I can let her go as long as she wants to between feedings. Her longest sleep-and mine as well-has been 6 hours. I can't really complain...hopefully she'll be sleeping through the night soon :)
I decided I'm going to take pictures every month so I can show how she's grown over the year. I've seen other people do it and it's fun to see how much a child can grow and change in just one year. (that's why there's a sign that says 1 month...it'll help me keep the pictures seperate from all the other ones I've taken...).

Her long skinny legs and the shoes that her long skinny feet are already fitting in to.


Other cute pictures I've taken lately:
Peace to my homies :)

Her pacifier and her mini-Boppy that she loves to lay in (when she's not being held).



Getting her aerobic arm workout

Just being cute :)


I only have 2 weeks left before I'll have to go back to work. I'm not looking forward to it; I just can't believe how fast the last month went by!!

Grandma is coming to visit again on Monday for a few days again before she has to go back to work also, so hopefully we'll have some fun adventures and I'll have lots of cute pictures to post soon...

6 comments:

Lisa

I can't believe its already been a month! It goes by way too fast. I like the monthly pictures too. Isabella's scrapbook is done that way. I love it because you can see how much she changes.
Alison is seriously a cutie!

Hannah

Yeah! One month! They grow up way too fast, so enjoy every second of it!

jessi

What a great idea with the 1 month photo. She is so cute. You will be amazed at how she changes in the first year. I love the mini boppy - never seen one of those before. So cute! Thanks for the update.

Emily Petty

She looks so cute and tall in her 1 month picture! and how nice to have a good sleeper!

Anonymous

I am sooo in love with her! Give her a big kiss for me!

Anonymous

Alisons Ohio great Auntie and Uncle are so glad you are posting the pictures. We can not believe how long she is or how cute. Hope you guys are doing well. The package is really going to be in the mail this week.....promise. Love you guys.

Mike & Kathy